BestInMortgage.com Post Your Mortgage Question Find mortgage expert in your area
You are not logged in. Login here. Not a user? Sign Up
Email: Password:
 
Search by Mortgage Terms: Ask My Question


Search: "Husband"

Pages:  1 
 
 2 
 
 3 
 
 4 
 
 5 
 
 6 
 
 7 
 
 8 
 
 9 
 
 10 
 
 11 
 
 12 
 
 
 

Asked 10/03/2007 02:03 pm CT (san jose, CA)

Me and my husband filed chapter 7 bankruptcy 8 years ago it will not come off our credit report until Nov '09, our credit scores are 730 and 731. Our there any good loans for 1st time home buyers.

Keywords:
                      

Hi Patricia - Our office is just up the 880 in Castro Valley - We have both real estate services and...

[ Total Answers: 5 ]

 
 

Asked 09/04/2007 09:23 pm CT (Los Angeles, CA)

My husband and I have two loans. 1st is a fixed loan and the second loan is at a high interest rate. Our credit scores are 520 and above. We are showing behind on our house loan, because of a mistake countrywide made back in Oct of 06. Countrywide put us on a repayment plan and increased our payment double. Is there any company out there that will take us with our credit scores and consolidate both loans?????

Keywords:
                              

We have a credit consultant that would be able to correct the late payment error on your credit repo...

[ Total Answers: 3 ]

 
 

Asked 08/28/2007 01:27 am CT (holmes, NY)

we bought our house in dec. 04 with an 80/20 no money down mortgage, the larger being adjustable. It was our first time, so we were happy just to get the mortgage. My husband worked construction and suffered a back injury that required surgery and we thought at the time was only temporary but later found that it was more permant, and requires further surgery, we cant afford our adjustable rate to go any higher what do we do

Keywords:
                

Contact whomever you're making the mortgage payments to & ask for forebearance arrangement. You cou...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 08/08/2007 01:52 pm CT (Dayton, OH)

My husband & I are trying to purchase our first home and the mortgage co we are working with has turned our packet over to 3 loan companies. The first company denied us & now the second comany is stating that because my husband was late 3 times last year with a credit card payment. (we are in a chpt 13 and obtained permission from the court to get a home loan). At this point we can not prove that the late payments were the credit card company fault. Which by all means I know it was my husbands fault. But the 3rd company that our packet was sent to is "Burmingham Mortgage"? I found a webste for them stating that they provide loans for not so good credit. My questions is, have you ever heard of this mortgage company & is there anyone that can actually get me into my dream home?

Keywords:
                                  

 
 

Asked 08/01/2007 11:25 am CT (Chesterfield, VA)

My brother-in-law and wife have bad credit but really want to buy a home. I have found a foreclosure in there area for 145000. If they cannot qualify for sufficient mortgage, what can my husband and I do to help that would be best to help them establish credit and perhaps get things in their name? Thanks!

Keywords:
              

You may be able to co-sign with them, but this frequently is not a good opion as their credit will b...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 07/26/2007 02:37 pm CT (southampton, MA)

my husband and i have talked of divorce.the house is in both our names mine being first. he is unemployed (planning on staying that way) i don\\\\\\\'t care if i keep the house or not. how can i buy him out so i can just leave without leaving my name on the mortgage?

Keywords:
            

Hi Debbie, The best option might be for you to buy him out of the home. You could keep it or sell ...

[ Total Answers: 2 ]

 
 

Asked 07/24/2007 08:59 pm CT (Petitcodiac, New Brunswick)

My husband and I are currently living in Ireland ,due to the high cost of living over there, and circumstances we may have to move back to NB. When it comes to buying our own property here, how long will we have to be in employment in this country before we can apply for a mortgage. Also, do you know if there will be a difficulty in us gettingmortgage protection as my husband is a diabetic. This is the problem we encountered in Ireland.What other information should we know...we really don\'t want to have to rent along time when we come back...also will my husband\'s credit score or history from Ireland be used here when applying? thank you

Keywords:
                    

Hi Stacy Getting a mortage will rely on a number of things. Are you both Canadian? Do you have any...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 07/16/2007 02:39 pm CT (Mt. Vernon, IL)

My husband and I are planning to relocate from Illinois to Indiana in about 1 year. We are both currently working and will have to quit our jobs prior to moving. We will secure employment in Indiana before we make the move. However, we will probably not be working before we plan to close on the new property. How will this effect closing. Doesn't the lender want to see proof of employment clear up to the closing date or pretty close to it? How can this work out for us during the transition of being unemployed? Thanks for your attention.

Keywords:
              

Hi Pam, First off, congratulations on the upcoming move and change in employment. I hope this mo...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 07/11/2007 08:05 pm CT (cross, SC)

my husband was hurt and was out of work long time we filed bankrupsy and still got behind a payments on [mobile home] case was cancel my morgage co. demanded a balloon payment of $2700 dollars they agreed after that payment we would work out payment plan monthly,parents help us with that payment,couple days later recieved ph call from morgage co.that our loan had been solded & new morgage co told us that wasnt good enough that they wanted a balloon payment sent IT. my problem is had another phone caLL FROM LENDING Co.again infoming me me contract has been sold again and co wants another $2700 we are tryin been makin monthy payment is doubled ,lender still tells me dont send any more payments they wont accept it and will foreclose on my home anyway tellin me that contract promising me we could make paymentasnt any good because of new lenders we r tryin, can company legally foreclose without even keeping theier end of agreementwe dont want to lose our home and we making payments what rights do we have

Keywords:
                                      

Your situation is too complex for anyone to anwer over the internet. I recommend consulting an atto...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 06/05/2007 09:45 pm CT (wimberley, TX)

I am currently working with a mortgage broker who is trying to get my husband and I an FHA loan. I, however, have not worked for the same company for the last two years. She seems to think this is a big problem. Will this prevent me from getting a loan?

Keywords:
                  

Hi Lisa: This is a much easier question to answer with me knowing all the facts. There are 27 diffe...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 06/01/2007 05:42 pm CT (HUNTINGBURG, IN)

my HUSBAND AND I BIUGHT HOW HOUSE TWO YEARS AGO.WORK WAS SLOW OVER THE WINTER.AND KIND OFPUT A STRAIN ON US OUR RATE ONOUR HOUSE 5.1 I WOULD LIKE TO GET A SECOND MORTGAGE.BUT MY HUSBAN DOSNT KNOW. IF WE SOULD WOULD IT BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO TO PAY BIILS FOR OUR CRIDET BECAUS IT SEEM WE ARE STRUGGLEING WEEK TO WEEEK

Keywords:
    

Rita, the best thing to do is to take a look at entire scope of your financial situation. I'd love ...

[ Total Answers: 2 ]

 
 

Asked 05/11/2007 01:52 pm CT (Auburn, CA)

My sister and brother and law are putting my husband and I on the deed to there home that they are going to carry for us, what are our rights down the road? Will we have any?? Can we use any of the equity? Can they remove us at any time without our consent?

Keywords:
        

What I hear you saying is that you and your husband are going to be on title with your sister and br...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 05/10/2007 08:56 am CT (Syracuse, NY)

I don't have good credit so my mother was planning on taking a mortgage out in her name so my husband and I can but a house, we can't get a mortgage on our own. My mom was going to stay with us for a couple months during the winter. Is it illegal for her to own the home but not be staying in it, and letting us live in it?

Keywords:
                  

Hi Sarah, Your mother could potentially buy the house as a second home. Or she could buy it as an i...

[ Total Answers: 2 ]

 
 

Asked 04/25/2007 09:25 pm CT (Valley, CT)

my husband and I have been strugling with our mortgage since Dec... We did not pay Dec, Jan and then in Feb we called.. Got on a Re-payment plan to pay on the 15th and end of month. We have kept up with these payments even though it has been very tough. The repayment is 1.5x our normal mortgage payment. We have done it until this month (April) We missed the 15th but are now ready to make one payment but not two (two are due each month).. What are our chances of keeping out of foreclosure? Since we are on a repayment plan and defaulted are we out of luck? We are struggling but making it through and almost done with the repayment plan and then we go back to our normal payment. We have very low scored (under 600) and no equity in our home since we refinanced a year ago. Please help!

Keywords:
                    

 
 

Asked 04/25/2007 06:48 pm CT (JACKSONVILLE, FL)

My husband's name is on a deed on a house with his father. As far as I know my name is not on the deed, he is planning to refinance and stated that due to us being married I have to sign the refinancing papers. Is this true?

Keywords:
                

Hi Kaydie: Were you married when the house was purchased? If so you should have had to sign then. ...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 04/18/2007 09:37 pm CT (Cheswick, PA)

Right now my goal is to get out of this cramped trailer, and get into a much needed house with more space, since I have three growing children. I know I can't afford much, so am interested in a small 4 bedroom house in a decent low income area for 27900. Various calculators say I would be paying total cost a little less for this house than I do my current rent. One of the problems is that I don't work, and my husband doesn't exactly have a solid work history. Actually he is with a very good company that is well suited for him. He is now a Class A CDL truck driver. The first company that hired him, shouldn't have been hiring rookies right out of school. The second company was local where he worked for a year, but things wern't going so well. Then he drove for a temp agency. Now he has been working for a very good company for three months, he making the miles. The company seems to be happy with him, and he is basically happy with the company. Before he got trained in trucking, he worked 7 straight years with a low paying school bus driving job. My other problem is our creidt scores. I just bought my score and found out it was 657 not prime. Last year his was 647 high risk, but don't know what it is now. I decided to wait to get his until I feel like I can either move forward with a mortgage or paying off debt. Both were from experian. If I could get a hold of this house or another around that price range, I wouldn't be any worse off. I need a roof over my head one way or the other. Actually I might be a little better off, since it very well could free up some money even if it is just a little. I feel stuck because of the lack of a down payment, closing costs, my husband's work history (eventhough he is making the most he ever had in his life. This is still towards the low end of the payscale at .33 cent per mile averaging 2500 a week.), and our credit. Question 1: Is there any hope for me? Is there any way I could get into a house fairly quickly? Would it be better for me to wait and hope beyond hope something else pops up later when I have more money? There are not too many 4 bedroom houses for that low, and it does not look like a handy man special on the outside. From what my mom heard, the previous owners took fairly good care of it. Maybe I'm thinking to small, and need to wait until he gets a raise also. Maybe the market will fall more in that area also opening up more potential. There are already investors grabbing some for rentals though. I hate where I live currently. I already ran out of room a year ago. Question 2: Dealing with a little extra funds I'm going to have. I have a school loan I'm going to start repaying on next week. In nine months it is going to go up. The difference of what I'm going to pay now and payon later is about $130.00. Should I: A) Pay down the car loan - get it paid off quicker - then put the car loan money towards the school loan to help get that paid down quicker? B) Try to pay off some of the debt on our credit reports? C) Sock it away in savings to build up my cash to get a mortgage?

Keywords:
                                                        

Hi Suzanne: You need to apply with a quality loan officer and have your entire situation reviewed. ...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 04/16/2007 10:31 am CT (Renton, WA)

We have two loans on the house...we received a letter from the bigger of the two loans that they would be increasing our interest rate and they could increase it every 6 months from this point on. We had a pre-payment penality for 3 years but that 3 years will be up this month...the only thing is that my husband filed bankruptcy probably about a year ago. At the time we weren't married but we both owned the house with me being primary owner. We have no been married for about 4 months. Initially I had good credit but he had the money. I still have the better credit but I owe alot. My question is...how long typically should we wait before we refinance especially with the bankruptcy? Would it be better to refinace now in hopes that we get it at a fixed rate? Or should we wait a little longer even though the interest rate will continue to increase every 6 months?

Keywords:
                                        

Melita- Well I disagree on the value of the house declining. Maybe in other parts of the countRy...

[ Total Answers: 4 ]

 
 

Asked 04/15/2007 05:33 pm CT (sacramento, CA)

my husband and i recently purchased our home almost 2yrs ago. our first loan is a balloon loan, it adjust about $400 more after the 2yrs and the second loan is a fix rate at 11%. i'm looking towards refinancing my home, but due to the market now there is not enough equity in my home. i can't afford to pay $400 more every month once i hit that 2yr. what should i do? please help me!

Keywords:
                      

Hi Sandy, What could be done is to refinance your 1st mortgage only and leave the 2nd TD alone, eve...

[ Total Answers: 3 ]

 
 

Asked 04/14/2007 02:31 pm CT (north bend, WA)

My husband and i will be getting a divorce this year. He signed a quick claim deed over to me giving me 100 % of equity. Both names are on mortgage and we are retired. Will mortgage co. allow me to put my name only on mort. without an income?---i will be granted some of his retirement income only. There is a large amount of equity.

Keywords:
                        

Carolyn, you might be able to refinance in your name only. Depending on your credit score we might b...

[ Total Answers: 1 ]

 
 

Asked 04/14/2007 02:22 pm CT (Dell, AR)

my parents bought a house for my husband and me. The house is in our name, they hold the lien on the house. We are currently in the middle of divorce. We are24 months behind in payments on the house. what is the best way to handle this? If my husband quit deeds the house to me that will clear him of the debt or is it best to foreclose?

Keywords:
                  



Pages:  1 
 
 2 
 
 3 
 
 4 
 
 5 
 
 6 
 
 7 
 
 8 
 
 9 
 
 10 
 
 11 
 
 12