Post Your Mortgage Question Find mortgage expert in your area
You are not logged in. Login here. Not a user? Sign Up
Email: Password:
Search by Mortgage Terms: Ask My Question
613 Experts, 1440 Questions, 1555 Answers

Angela Flanigan Asked:

I am selling my home and using the proceeds to update my boyfriends home, which I will live in. We want something in writing in case things do not work out, so I will be paid back the investment I made in the house. We do not have a mortgage and my name will not be on the deed. Suggestions? [Cumberland MD]



Not Ranked
Answer Provided by: Brian Allen [12/29/2009]

I would suggest consulting with a real estate lawyer. Perhaps they can draw up an agreement between you and your boyfriend. I'm not sure about the nuts and bolts, but they may even be able to show you how to form an limited liability corporation...and tie the property to that.