Post Your Mortgage Question Find mortgage expert in your area
You are not logged in. Login here. Not a user? Sign Up
Email: Password:
Search by Mortgage Terms: Ask My Question
613 Experts, 1440 Questions, 1555 Answers

alicia jevnick Asked:

My ex-fiance and I bought a house 4rs ago. After 8 mo's we split up and he hasn't lived there since. I have made repeated attempts at having him sign the deed over to me but to date he has not. I have not been able to reach him by phone, regular mail and email for over a year. He no longer works or lives at the same place. Since I can no longer find him how do I go about getting him off the deed to the house? [Plano TX]



Not Ranked
Answer Provided by: Unknown [08/03/2009]

Hi Alicia, Based on the laws in the state of Texas, the only way to get him off is through the courts. Get with your attorney about it and take it to a court of laws or judge to get him removed.