Post Your Mortgage Question Find mortgage expert in your area
You are not logged in. Login here. Not a user? Sign Up
Email: Password:
Search by Mortgage Terms: Ask My Question
613 Experts, 1440 Questions, 1555 Answers

Cindy Asked:

After my husband died I was unable to keep up with my mortgage pmts. The attorney suggested a chapter 13 since the house is half paid for& is now an asset. How can I refinance to pay off the bankcruptcy and still have a mortgage pmt with bad credit from the bankcruptcy? [Evansville IN]



Not Ranked
Answer Provided by: Danny S. Kim [03/20/2008]

Inquire about an FHA loan which does not have a min credit score requirement AND allows those in Ch13 w/ good pymt history to apply.

Answer Provided by: Cameron Moss [05/01/2008]

If you are 62 or older you may want to consider a reverse mortgage You can call me to discuss this option